Denton Chiropractic services serving patients in Argyle, Aubrey, Denton, Flower Mound, Frisco, Justin, Krum, Lake Dallas, Lewisville, Little Elm, Pilot Point, Ponder, and Sanger.
The team at A Family Chiropractic Clinic knows that pain can greatly affect your life. We are here to help. Your situation is most likely unique, and we will work with you to create a treatment plan that works for you.
Our individualized chiropractic care is tailored to the needs of your body. This allows us to treat the cause of your neck pain or back pain directly. Our goal is to provide effective care for pain relief while improving your quality of life without the dangerous side effects associated with unnecessary medication.
Back & Pain Relief
We specialize in back and pain relief. You do not have to live with chronic pain. Our qualified chiropractors and physical therapists work together to create an effective treatment plan that can relieve your back, neck, or other pain you may be experiencing.
Our clinic has all the tools and staff needed to get you back to better health. We use state-of-the-art equipment and techniques, and our staff is highly trained and experienced to provide quality treatment without adverse effects.
Severe Pain & Discomfort
Severe pain and discomfort can wreak havoc on all aspects of your life, including your work and personal life. You don’t have to live with severe pain or discomfort. Call us today to schedule your initial consultation and get on the path to recovery.
Chiropractic Services Near Me
If you’re looking for local chiropractic services, then A Family Chiropractic Clinic offers many options for patients of all ages. Take a look at some of the services we offer to help with pain relief and healing.
- Chiropractic Adjustments – This is what most people think of when they talk about going to see the chiropractor. Adjustments allow the chiropractor to gently work your spine back into alignment for many different health benefits including reducing and eliminating back pain.
- Massage – Chiropractors will sometimes massage soft tissues. This improves circulation while reducing inflammation and swelling commonly associated with back and joint pain. Massage can also promote quicker healing.
- Traction – A chiropractic massage involving traction is another way chiropractors help provide relief. The patient lays face up while rollers move on the back to help massage and stretch the muscles. Traction can also mean the use of traction devices that help stretch the spine to decompress discs and reduce pressure on nerves.
- Ultrasound Therapy – Ultrasound sound waves create deep heat therapy in soft tissues and joints. Think of it as a micro-massage. This service reduces back pain, spasms, and stiffness while increasing blood flow to accelerate healing.
- Hydrotherapy – This service uses varying water pressure and temperature to use the body’s reaction to cold and hot stimuli to reduce sensitivity while promoting blood flow and healing.
- Heat and Cool Therapy – Another service that utilizes the body’s response to hot and cold is the use of heat and ice therapy to treat back pain. This is similar to hydrotherapy but instead uses ice packs and heating pads or other similar items.
- Diathermy – This shortwave electromagnetic form of therapy heats into deep, dense tissues. It relaxes muscles as well as connective tissues, accelerates healing, increases circulation, and decreases pain and muscle spasms.
- Cold Laser Therapy – This service utilizes particles of energy from a laser which are then absorbed by a cell’s membrane. The cells and tissues then convert the energy into fuel that decreases swelling, reduces pain and inflammation, and improves circulation.
- Infrared Radiation – Using a thermal camera, chiropractors can differentiate between temperatures to assess any abnormalities or underlying conditions that may be causing their pain.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulators (TENS) – This common type of electrical stimulation is used to block pain signal transmission along nerves and release endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller. It involves placing electrodes over painful areas and carefully controlling the electrical stimulation.
In addition to offering services, chiropractors also provide advice. Chiropractic care focuses on your overall health. As a result, your chiropractor may make suggestions pertaining to:
- Dietary Management – Chiropractors often provide their patients with information on how to ease back pain through diet. Some may also recommend supplements to help patients manage pain, flexibility, and more.
- Exercise – Chiropractors can offer information regarding exercises to help strengthen weakened areas.
- Ergonomics – Your chiropractor may offer advice on how to make your life more ergonomic by making alterations to your workstation.
- Pelvic Stabilization – In some cases, your chiropractor may suggest a heel lift or other type of shoe insert to help support your posture and prevent additional pain.
- Patient Education – Chiropractors are also great at offering lifestyle modifications to help you live a great, pain-free life.
All of our professionally trained staff are highly qualified and care about the well-being of each and every patient. We take the time to listen and care about your health while providing custom chiropractic service.
If you have any questions about chiropractic care, therapies, and treatment options, please contact A Family Chiropractic Clinic in Denton, Texas at (940) 566-0000.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most of the time, patients experience little to no pain during chiropractic procedures. Afterward, you may feel a little sore, similar to what you might experience after a workout. This is because it will take a little time for your muscles to adapt to your body being in proper alignment once again.
Yes. Chiropractic care can be very beneficial when it comes to improving the function of an arthritic joint. However, manipulations much match the type of arthritis the patient has. For example, osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that affects over 25 million Americans. It’s the result of deteriorating cartilage. And, while osteoarthritis can be found in any joint, it’s primarily found in weight-bearing joints such as the spine, hips, and knees. Spinal manipulations can help relieve pressure in these arthritic joints and improve mobility.
On the other hand, rheumatoid arthritis or RA is an autoimmune disease with inflammation. The inflammation and swelling can make joint movement painful. Chiropractors should use chiropractic techniques that won’t worsen the situation.
Many chiropractors are more affordable than people realize. Chiropractic adjustments are often less expensive than typical medical treatment. This is largely due to the fact that a Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine focuses on treating the cause of the problem rather than just the symptoms. This will save money on:
- Ongoing use of prescription drugs
- Frequent medical visits
Research studies show evidence that chiropractic manipulations are also more effective when it comes to relieving pain in the joints, neck, and back than other options.
The specific cost of chiropractic therapies depends on each unique case including how quickly your body responds to therapy and rehabilitative exercises, what services you need, and how many visits treatment will require. To get a better understanding of the cost, speak with your insurance company to see what therapies are covered and speak with your chiropractor.
Chiropractic treatment is about treating the patients rather than just treating the symptoms. Prescribing addictive pain medications may make your pain go away, but it doesn’t fix the cause of the pain. Many people don’t realize just how intricate your spine and nervous system are. If your spine is out of alignment, then your muscles will attempt to find balance and you may have pressure on different nerves. A chiropractic adjustment realigns your spine to reduce or eliminate pressure on those pinched nerves and stops your muscles from trying to overcompensate for the misalignment. Ligaments and joints will also function better as will your digestive system.
In addition to spinal manipulation, chiropractic therapy often incorporates other alternative medicine including:
- Physical Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Heat Therapy
- Cool Treatments
- Electrical Stimulation
Our chiropractor has the training and experience to relieve pain associated with a variety of conditions including but not limited to:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Hip Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee and Ankle Pain
- Wrist and Elbow Pain
- Pregnancy-Related Back Pain
- Tailbone Pain
- Myofascial Pain
- Degenerative Disc Disorder
- Digestive Issues
- Blood Pressure
- And so much more!
Our chiropractors care about pain management and want to help you with everything from chiropractic treatments for acute back pain to physical therapy.
Chiropractic care is proven to be beneficial to those suffering from pain due to injury, overuse, or improper use of their body. However, it’s so much more than that. Take a look at some of the other things chiropractic treatment helps with:
How can chiropractic care help in sports medicine?
Chiropractic care is also an important part of sports medicine. Physical sports are rough on the body and a lot of lower back pain, joint pain, and muscle spasms are the result of overuse. When muscles are pushed to the edge then they can become fatigued and open your body for injury. Chiropractic care ensures your spine is in alignment to increase range of motion and reduce pain and inflammation in soft tissues and joints, all while working together to prevent injury.
How can chiropractic care can help with headaches?
Many headache pain causes originate in the neck, even though we may not realize it. Some of the chiropractic care benefits our patients experience include a reduction in both migraines and tension headaches. Improving spinal function in the neck alleviates stress on the nervous system and allows your body to function as it should. This helps reduce the risk of stress and tension that build and become a headache.
What is the connection between chiropractic care and weight loss?
A lot of people ask, “Does chiropractic care help with weight loss?” The answer is yes, but maybe not in the way that you think. Chiropractic care weight loss is about more than just getting an adjustment once in a while and shedding pounds. Chiropractors do more than just chiropractic manipulation. They treat the body as a whole.
Many chiropractors in the United States understand that one of the biggest challenges of weight gain is a decrease in metabolism. However, when your spine is in proper alignment then your nervous system operates more effectively. This in turn makes it easier for your brain to communicate with the rest of your body. This means it can be easier to increase your metabolism. In addition, your digestive system will work better as well. And the reduction or elimination of pain in your back, neck, and extremities will make activity more comfortable. You’ll also be able to sleep better if you’re not in pain. All of these things combined can help with weight loss.
It’s also not uncommon for chiropractors to offer nutritional counseling to those who are interested. When it comes to diet and nutrition, they will commonly recommend what is known as the anti-inflammatory diet which encourages your body to burn fat instead of carbohydrates for energy. This, combined with rehabilitative exercises and you’re well on your way to losing weight.
Any soreness typically subsides within 24 to 48 hours after your appointment. Many people don’t experience any discomfort at all. After your adjustment, your chiropractor may make recommendations such as:
- Posture Improving Techniques
- Ice or heat therapy
- Advice on nutrition, diet, or general health
- Ways to relax sore muscles
- Stress reduction techniques
Chiropractic adjustments are therapeutic treatments done by a licensed chiropractor. They either use their hands or a special instrument to manipulate the joints in your body and spine. The goal is to reduce pain, correct alignment, and improve function.
What is the popping sound I hear during chiropractic adjustments?
The popping and cracking sounds and sensations you experience during an adjustment are normal. This is the sound of trapped gas releasing from your joints.